Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Wrong Change and the State Of Our Union!

Respect - is it gone? The Supreme Court has always been respected, whether you agree with their decisions or not. I was very shocked when I heard the President's remarks over the latest Supreme Court decision on campaign finance. He said they were going to challenge it. My question is how do you challenge the highest court, do you overthrow it? Do we have a king or dictator in the White House that thinks he can stir up people to assassinate others verbally or walk all over the constitution? Last night on the State of The Union Speech, the Supreme Court was ridiculed by a mob of rude democrats. How humiliating and undeserved to those in the court! What is this President teaching younger people about respect? Look at how President Clinton instructed our younger people on oral sex,they learned well. Now we have Obama teaching manners of respect or teaching how to have a lack of respect.

Smooth talkers! We need to not be led down the primrose path by a great campaign or smooth speeches. I hear jokes about Bush's speeches and how he couldn't talk. I will take a flawed man of integrity who may have problems with his words over an arrogant, narcissistic leader who carries a teleprompter around with him so he can use his words well(even to a 6th grade class). My question is are they his words? Who wrote them and why can't he remember them without help. How blind we have become!

One more item is the color word! When I look at Obama, I don't see color. I'm a conservative who doesn't want government taking over my life, I don't like his policies but I never notice his color; black,white, green or whatever. The God that I worship says there is no color, nor male or female. I personally look at eyes. Believe it or not I've had people working for me that I didn't even notice were black until some referred to them that way. I was surprised. Many years ago a close and loved friend was a black man married to a white woman. Some found that to be shocking, it didn't bother me. Color is just not a big deal - again, it's the eyes for me. Are the eyes warm, cold, angry, empty, full of passion for life or just a color on someones face. I see either anger or emptiness in our President's eyes. I don't see warmth or love, even for his party. My question is why are all these people black people flock around and ooh and aah over the only ones who notice color. Chris Matthews, Harry Reid and so many others ridicule black people and get a free ride when they do it. After the State of The Union speech, Chris Matthews said on TV (and his video of that is everywhere)that he forgot Obama was a black man for an hour. Wow! Does that mean he looks at Obama as a black man all the other hours? Can these people look at people for who they are, rather than what color they are? Evidently not! They seem to be patting themselves on the back that they let a black man become President. Isn't this racial at it's best.

The people in office! I watched them last night and what I saw was a bunch of men and women filled with botox, carefully coiffed hair (even the men), expensive suits and dresses (and I have no problem with dressing up) but I'm talking really expensive, slapping each other on the back and hugging each other while the excommunicated other party were left alone. Sort of like bullies on the playground. We're the popular group and we're not playing with those people. They have cooties. Again, what are our young people learning as they watch the public display of lack of respect for race and people with different views - point out their colors and ostracize the opposing views rather than coming together and listening to another view and learning from it.

God help me, I do want change! I want new people in office that care about others, that work for us and follow the constitution. I want new people in the office who have respect for God and this country, so much so that what is done in the White House would be transparant. I also don't want to be scolded by the leader of this country because he is a Chicago mob bully and wants to do things his way whether it's constitutional or not. I want change! I want to change him out for someone new! 3 more years people! Have we learned our lesson yet?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that I don't notice the color of someone's skin... but I don't really think about it. I mean, I don't notice any more than I do the color of someone's eyes. What bothers me is that race was taken advantage of to get him elected... especially when he is also half white. Don't get me wrong, I want America to be a country that DOES have every color skin in leadership positions... I just don't want it to be THE reason someone gets in.

    Change? I'm writing a blog on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts! I may see color at first, like you notice anyone's hair etc. but then it just goes away for me. I have the whitest skin around and when I look at my friends white and black, their colors are all different. One of my black friends is married to a blacker man in color than she is,and their child is a medium black. We were all talking about color the other day and I noticed that, now I've seen her for years and never bothered to really take time and dwell on that. I don't notice glasses either......just the eyes.

    ReplyDelete